Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The “Employer Accumulation Fund” is hereby created. It is the fund in which shall be accumulated the contributions made by employers for benefits, and from which shall be made transfers, as provided in sections 70.600 to 70.755.
2. When paid to the system, the employer contributions provided for in subsections 2 and 3 of section 70.730 shall be credited to the employer accumulation fund account of the employer making the contributions.
3. When an allowance other than a disability allowance or an allowance that results from a member’s death that was the natural and proximate result of a personal injury or disease arising out of and in the course of his or her actual performance of duty as an employee first becomes due and payable, there shall be transferred to the benefit reserve fund from his employer's account in the employer accumulation fund the difference between the reserve for the allowance and the accumulated contributions standing to his credit in the members deposit fund at the time the allowance first becomes due and payable, of the member or former member to whom or on whose behalf the allowance is payable.
4. A separate account shall be maintained in the employer accumulation fund for each employer. No employer shall be responsible for the employer accumulation fund liabilities of another employer.
5. When a disability allowance or an allowance that results from a member’s death that was the natural and proximate result of a personal injury or disease arising out of and in the course of his or her actual performance of duty as an employee first becomes due and payable, the accrued service pension reserve covering the retiring member shall be calculated in the manner provided for in subsection 3 of section 70.730, as of the effective date of the disability allowance. Such reserve shall be transferred to the benefit reserve fund from the employer's account in the employer accumulation fund.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 70.710. Employer accumulation fund, created, uses--employer contributions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vi-county-township-and-political-subdivision-government/mo-rev-st-70-710/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.