Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The following definitions shall be applied to the terms used in sections 70.120 to 70.200:
(1) “Agreement” shall mean “contract” and shall include renewals and alterations of a contract;
(2) “Governing body” shall mean the board, body, or persons in which the powers of a political subdivision as a body corporate, or otherwise, are vested;
(3) “Political subdivision” shall mean any agency or unit of this state which now is, or hereafter shall be, authorized to levy taxes or empowered to cause taxes to be levied;
(4) “Project” shall mean any resettlement project or rural rehabilitation project for resettlement purposes of the United States located within a political subdivision, and shall include the persons inhabiting such projects;
(5) “Services” shall mean such public and municipal functions as are performed for property in, and for persons residing within, a political subdivision.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 70.120. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vi-county-township-and-political-subdivision-government/mo-rev-st-70-120/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.