Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in sections 67.750 to 67.799 and sections 67.1700 to 67.1769, the following terms mean:
(1) “Board”, any board, commission, committee or council appointed or designated to carry out the provisions of sections 67.750 to 67.799 and sections 67.1700 to 67.1769;
(2) “County”, any county or any city not within a county;
(3) “District”, any regional recreational district proposed or created pursuant to sections 67.750 to 67.799 and sections 67.1700 to 67.1769;
(4) “Executive”, any mayor, county executive, presiding commissioner, or other chief executive of a county;
(5) “Gateway Arch grounds”, the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial National Historic Site as defined by the United States Department of the Interior, and related public property and improvements;
(6) “Governing body”, any city council, county commission, board of aldermen, county council, board of education or township board;
(7) “Metropolitan district”, any metropolitan park and recreation district established pursuant to sections 67.1700 to 67.1769;
(8) “Political subdivision”, any county, township, city, incorporated town or village in the State of Missouri, and any school district in any county of the first classification without a charter form of government with a population of one hundred thousand or more inhabitants which contains all or part of a city with a population of three hundred fifty thousand or more inhabitants;
(9) “Regional recreation fund” or “metropolitan park and recreation fund”, the fund held in the treasury of the county providing the largest financial contribution to the district or metropolitan district, as appropriate, which shall be the repository for all taxes and other moneys raised by or for the regional recreation district or metropolitan park and recreation district pursuant to sections 67.792 to 67.799 and sections 67.1700 to 67.1769.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 67.750. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vi-county-township-and-political-subdivision-government/mo-rev-st-67-750/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.