Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The following provisions shall govern the collection of the tax imposed by the provisions of sections 67.571 to 67.577:
(1) All applicable provisions contained in sections 144.010 to 144.510 governing the state sales tax and section 32.057, the uniform confidentiality provision, shall apply to the collection of the tax imposed by the provisions of sections 67.571 to 67.577;
(2) All exemptions granted to agencies of government, organizations, and persons under the provisions of sections 144.010 to 144.510 are hereby made applicable to the imposition and collection of the tax imposed by sections 67.571 to 67.577.
2. The same sales tax permit, exemption certificate and retail certificate required by sections 144.010 to 144.510 for the administration and collection of the state sales tax shall satisfy the requirements of sections 67.571 to 67.577, and no additional permit or exemption certificate or retail certificate shall be required; except that, the director of revenue may prescribe a form of exemption certificate for an exemption from the tax imposed by sections 67.571 to 67.577.
3. All discounts allowed the retailer pursuant to the provisions of the state sales tax law for the collection of and for payment of taxes pursuant to that act are hereby allowed and made applicable to any taxes collected pursuant to the provisions of sections 67.571 to 67.577.
4. The penalties provided in section 32.057 and sections 144.010 to 144.510 for a violation of those acts are hereby made applicable to violations of the provisions of sections 67.571 to 67.577.
5. For the purposes of the sales tax imposed by an order pursuant to sections 67.571 to 67.577, all retail sales shall be deemed to be consummated at the place of business of the retailer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 67.576. Collection of the tax requirements--applicable penalties - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vi-county-township-and-political-subdivision-government/mo-rev-st-67-576/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.