Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. In order to furnish security similar to that provided in state parks, the county commission of any county of the first classification without a charter form of government with a population of at least one hundred fifty thousand containing a part of a city with a population over three hundred fifty thousand may appoint and set the compensation of such park rangers, who shall be certified by the director of the department of public safety, as provided in chapter 590, as it deems necessary for the prompt and proper discharge of its duties relating to the parks and recreational facilities of the county. Such certification shall include one hundred twenty hours of training in addition to that required in section 590.105. The salaries of all park rangers appointed pursuant to this section shall be paid in the same manner as the salaries of other county employees.
2. Each park ranger appointed pursuant to this section shall:
(1) Before entering upon the discharge of his or her duties, take and subscribe an oath of office to perform his or her duties faithfully and impartially;
(2) Have full authority, including all the powers given to other peace officers of this state, to preserve the peace, make arrests, and issue citations for violations of any state law or of any rules or regulations adopted by the governing body pursuant to section 64.345, on all land, thoroughfares and waterways within the park boundaries.
3. Park rangers appointed pursuant to this section may carry firearms while engaged in the performance of their official duties only while within the park boundaries, subject to the training requirements of section 590.105.
4. All revenues received from fines levied pursuant to subsection 2 of this section shall be deposited into the county school fund and distributed pursuant to section 166.131.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title VI. County, Township and Political Subdivision Government § 64.337. County commission authorized to appoint and set compensation of park rangers--rangers, certification by department of public safety required, powers and duties (Clay County) - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-vi-county-township-and-political-subdivision-government/mo-rev-st-64-337/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.