Skip to main content

Minnesota Statutes Water (Ch. 103A-114B) § 103F.335. Local government compliance

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Subdivision 1. Compliance of ordinances with system.  (a) Within six months after establishment of a wild, scenic, or recreational river system, each local governmental unit with jurisdiction over a portion of the system shall adopt or amend its ordinances and land use district maps to the extent necessary to comply with the standards and criteria of the commissioner and the management plan.

(b) If a local government fails to adopt adequate ordinances, maps, or amendments within six months, the commissioner shall adopt the ordinances, maps, or amendments in the manner and with the effect specified in section 103F.215.

(c) The commissioner shall assist local governments in the preparation, implementation, and enforcement of the ordinances.

Subd. 2. Local governmental units must implement system.  All state, local and special governmental units, councils, commissions, boards, districts, agencies, departments, and other authorities shall exercise their powers to implement the purposes of sections 103F.301 to 103F.345 and management plans adopted by the commissioner.

Subd. 3. Land transfers consistent with system plan.  Land owned by the state and political subdivisions shall be administered in accordance with the management plan, and land owned by governmental bodies within the designated boundaries of a wild, scenic, or recreational river area may not be transferred to any other person or entity if the transfer would be inconsistent with the management plan.

Cite this article: - Minnesota Statutes Water (Ch. 103A-114B) § 103F.335. Local government compliance - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard