Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Subdivision 1. Crime described. It is a crime for a person:
(1) to fail to comply with an impoundment order under section 169A.60 (administrative plate impoundment);
(3) to operate a self-propelled motor vehicle on a street or highway when the vehicle is subject to an impoundment order issued under section 169A.60 , unless specially coded plates have been issued for the vehicle pursuant to section 169A.60, subdivision 13 ;
(4) to fail to notify the commissioner of the impoundment order when requesting new plates;
(5) who is subject to a plate impoundment order under section 169A.60 , to drive, operate, or be in control of any motor vehicle during the impoundment period, unless the vehicle is employer-owned and is not required to be equipped with an ignition interlock device pursuant to section 171.306, subdivision 4 , paragraph (b), or Laws 2013, chapter 127, section 70, or has specially coded plates issued pursuant to section 169A.60, subdivision 13 , and the person is validly licensed to drive; or
(6) who is the transferee of a motor vehicle and who has signed a sworn statement under section 169A.60, subdivision 14 , to allow the previously registered owner to drive, operate, or be in control of the vehicle during the impoundment period.
Subd. 2. Criminal penalty. A person who violates subdivision 1 is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Minnesota Statutes Transportation (Ch. 160-174A) § 169A.37. License plate impoundment violation crimes - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mn/transportation-ch-160-174a/mn-st-sect-169a-37/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.