Skip to main content

Minnesota Statutes Transportation (Ch. 160-174A) § 169A.277. Long-term monitoring

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Subdivision 1.?Applicability. ?This section applies to a person convicted of:

(1)?a violation of section 169A.20 (driving while impaired) within ten years of the first of two or more prior impaired driving convictions;

(2)?a violation of section 169A.20, if the person is under the age of 19 years and has previously been convicted of violating section 169A.20 or Minnesota Statutes 1998, section 169.121 (driver under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance); ?or

(3)?a violation of section 169A.20, while the person's driver's license or driving privileges have been canceled under section 171.04, subdivision 1, clause (10) (persons not eligible for drivers' licenses, inimical to public safety).

Subd. 2.?Monitoring required. ?When the court sentences a person described in subdivision 1 to a stayed sentence and when electronic monitoring equipment is available to the court, the court shall require that the person participate in a program of electronic alcohol monitoring in addition to any other conditions of probation or jail time it imposes. ?The court must order the monitoring for a minimum of 30 consecutive days during each year of the person's probationary period.

Subd. 3.?Reimbursement. ?The court shall require partial or total reimbursement from the person for the cost of the electronic alcohol monitoring, to the extent the person is able to pay.

Cite this article: - Minnesota Statutes Transportation (Ch. 160-174A) § 169A.277. Long-term monitoring - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard