Skip to main content

Minnesota Statutes Counties, County Officers, Regional Authorities (Ch. 370-403) § 384.13. Claims;  disbursements

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

No claims against the county shall be paid otherwise than upon allowance of the county board, upon the warrant of the chair thereof, attested by the county auditor, except in those cases in which the precise amount is fixed by law, or is authorized to be fixed by some other person, officer, or tribunal, in which cases the same shall be paid upon the warrant of the auditor, upon the proper certificate of the person, officer, or tribunal allowing the same.  No money shall be disbursed by the county board, or any member thereof, but only by the county treasurer upon the warrant of the chair of the county board, attested by the auditor, specifying the name of the party entitled to the same, on what account and for what purpose issued, upon whose allowance, if not fixed by law, and the fund from which it is payable.  In all counties except any county having a population of more than 150,000, each warrant shall be so drawn that when signed by the treasurer in an appropriate place, it becomes a check on the county depository.  If in payment for services, the specific time for which the same were rendered shall be therein stated, and all orders and warrants shall be progressively numbered, and the number, date, and amount of each, the name of the person to whom payable, and the specific time for which any service was rendered, shall, at the time of issuing the same, be entered in a book to be kept by the auditor for that purpose.

Cite this article: - Minnesota Statutes Counties, County Officers, Regional Authorities (Ch. 370-403) § 384.13. Claims;  disbursements - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard