Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) An organization other than a limited partnership may convert to a limited partnership, and a limited partnership may convert to another organization pursuant to this section and sections 321.1103 through 321.1105 and a plan of conversion, if:
(1) the other organization's governing statute authorizes the conversion;
(2) the conversion is not prohibited by the law of the jurisdiction that enacted the governing statute; and
(3) the other organization complies with its governing statute in effecting the conversion.
(b) A plan of conversion must be in a record and must include:
(1) the name and form of the organization before conversion;
(2) the name and form of the organization after conversion;
(3) the terms and conditions of the conversion, including the manner and basis for converting interests in the converting organization into any combination of money, interests in the converted organization, and other consideration; and
(4) the organizational documents of the converted organization.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Minnesota Statutes Business, Social, and Charitable Organizations (Ch. 300-323A) § 321.1102. Conversion - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mn/business-social-and-charitable-organizations-ch-300-323a/mn-st-sect-321-1102/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?