Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Subdivision 1. General. The trustee, if any, designated in any indenture or order securing an issue of bonds may, in the trustee's own name, if so provided in the indenture or order:
(1) enforce all rights of the bondholders, including the right to require the commissioner to collect fees, charges, interest, and payments on leases, loans, or interests therein held by the commissioner and eligible securities purchased by it adequate to carry out any agreement as to, or pledge of, those fees, charges, and payments, and to require the commissioner to carry out any other agreements with the holders of the bonds and to perform the duties required under sections 116R.01 to 116R.15;
(2) bring suit upon the bonds;
(3) require the commissioner to account as if it were the trustee of any express trust for the holders of the bonds;
(4) enjoin any acts or things which may be unlawful or in violation of the rights of holders of the bonds; or
(5) upon a default as defined in any bond, order, or indenture, declare all the bonds due and payable, enforce any remedy available under law, and if all defaults are made good, the trustee may annul the declaration and consequences.
Subd. 2. Additional powers. In addition to the powers in subdivision 1, the trustee has all of the powers necessary or appropriate for the exercise of any functions specifically set forth in this section or incident to the general representation of bondholders in the enforcement and protection of their rights.
Subd. 3. Venue. The venue of any action or proceedings brought by a trustee is in Ramsey County.
Subd. 4. Approval. The approval of the commissioner is not required if the bond trustee has taken control of the facility as a result of a default.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Minnesota Statutes Business Development (Ch. 116R-116W) § 116R.12. Powers and duties of trustee - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mn/business-development-ch-116r-116w/mn-st-sect-116r-12/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.