Skip to main content

Minnesota Statutes Animals and Property (Ch. 343-348) § 347.35. Board of Animal Health rules

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The Board of Animal Health shall promulgate rules as it deems necessary for the operation of kennels and dealers and the enforcement of sections 347.31 to 347.40 which shall be in addition to rules established herein.  The rules adopted by the board must provide for the cost recovery for the activities of the board with respect to licensing, inspection, and enforcement of civil penalties and must provide for cooperation with the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Plant Health Inspection Service program and for reference of complaints to local enforcement authorities.  Rules must include, but are not limited to, requirements governing the care of dogs and cats, minimum conditions, and maintenance of quarters and kennels, the humane treatment of dogs and cats while in the kennels, maintenance of detailed records showing the person from whom any dog or cat aged over three months has been received, and in the case of a dealer, including address, driver's license number or Social Security number, and to whom it has been transferred, and preservation of the records for a minimum period of two years.  The dealer is responsible for making a reasonable attempt to ensure the accuracy of the data collected.

A payment from a dealer to a person from whom the dealer buys dogs or cats must be by check, payable only to that person.  The check must contain the dealer's name and address.

Cite this article: - Minnesota Statutes Animals and Property (Ch. 343-348) § 347.35. Board of Animal Health rules - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard