Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 550. General Insurance Laws § 550.1513
Search Michigan Compiled Laws
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 513. (1) Upon receipt of a provider class plan under section 511(1), 1 the commissioner, after considering the information and factors described in section 509(4), 2 within 90 days shall examine the plan and determine if the plan substantially achieves the goals, achieves the objectives, and substantially overcomes the deficiencies enumerated in the findings made by the commissioner. If the commissioner determines that the plan substantially achieves the goals, achieves the objectives, and substantially overcomes the deficiencies enumerated in the findings made by the commissioner, the plan shall be automatically retained and placed into effect as provided in section 506. 3
(2) If the commissioner determines that the plan does not substantially achieve the goals, does not achieve the objectives, and does not substantially overcome the deficiencies enumerated in the findings made by the commissioner pursuant to section 510(2), 4 the commissioner shall do all of the following:
(a) Prepare a provider class plan that substantially achieves the goals, achieves the objectives, and substantially overcomes the deficiencies enumerated in the findings made pursuant to section 510(2), and transmit that plan to the health care corporation. A provider class plan prepared pursuant to this subdivision shall be retained for the commissioner's records and placed into effect as provided in section 506(4), unless a request for an appeal is made under subdivision (b).
(b) Give written notice to the health care corporation of an opportunity for an appeal pursuant to section 515. 5 The notice shall state that a request for an appeal shall be made by the corporation within 30 days after the receipt of notice under this subdivision.
(3) In making a determination pursuant to subsection (1), or preparing a plan pursuant to subsection (2)(a), the commissioner shall obtain advice and consultation pursuant to section 505(2). 6 The commissioner shall also forward a copy of each notice issued under subsection (2)(b) to each person requesting a copy. The copy shall notify the person of an opportunity for an appeal pursuant to section 515, and that a request for such an appeal is required to be made within 30 days after the receipt of notice given under this subsection.
Each railroad corporation required to be assessed under the provisions of this chapter annually shall, on or before May first of each year, under oath of the presiding or other chief executive officer, make and file in the manner prescribed by the tax commissioner, a report containing the following information:
1. The name of the company;
2. The laws of the state or country organized, the date of original organization, the date of reorganization, consolidation, or merger, with specific reference to laws authorizing the same;
3. Location of its principal office;
4. The name of the place where its books, papers, and accounts are kept;
5. The name and post-office address of the president, secretary, treasurer, auditor, superintendent, general manager, and all other general officers;
6. The name and post-office address of the chief officer or managing agent of the company in North Dakota and of all other general officers residing in this state;
7. The total number of shares of capital stock;
8. The par value of the shares of the capital stock for the whole system, showing separately the amount authorized, amount issued, amount outstanding, and dividends paid thereon;
9. If the capital stock has no market value, the actual value on the dates and for the periods designated by the tax commissioner;
10. The funded debt of the company for the whole system and a detailed statement of all series of bonds, debentures, or other securities, forming a part of the funded debt, at par value, with the date of issue, maturity, rate of interest, and amount of interest for the preceding year;
11. The market value of each series of funded debt securities for the whole system on the dates and for the periods designated by the tax commissioner, and if the whole or a part of the funded debt has no market value, then its actual value for the dates and periods as the tax commissioner may specify;
12. The general description of the operative and nonoperative real estate of the company in North Dakota as would be sufficient in a conveyance thereof, under a judicial decree, to vest in the grantee all title and interest in and to the property;
13. A description of the personal property of the company;
14. The number of miles [kilometers] of each main line of railroad, the number of miles [kilometers] of each branch line and sidetracks within North Dakota;
15. The entire gross earnings of the company from operation, expenses of operation, net earnings and income from operation, and the income from other sources, for the whole system, and in North Dakota, for the years or period the tax commissioner may request or specify, not exceeding five years;
16. The location of the property of the company within this state by counties, municipalities, and districts, in the manner and detail as the tax commissioner shall prescribe; and
17. Other facts and information as the tax commissioner may require or which the company may deem material relating to the taxation of its property in this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 550. General Insurance Laws § 550.1513 - last updated February 09, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mi/chapter-550-general-insurance-laws/mi-comp-laws-550-1513/
Was this helpful?