Skip to main content

Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 125. Planning, Housing and Zoning § 125.992

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 2.  Unless clearly indicated otherwise by the context the following words and terms when used in this act for the purpose of this act, shall have the following meanings:

(a) “Dealer” means any person, other than the manufacturer as defined in this act, who sells 3 or more mobile homes in any consecutive 12-month period or is licensed by the state as a mobile home dealer.

(b) “Manufacturer” means any person who manufactures mobile homes.

(c) “Mobile home” means a movable or portable unit, designed and constructed to be towed on its own chassis, comprised of a frame and wheels, and designed to be connected to utilities for year-round occupancy as a dwelling unit.  Mobile home includes:

(i) A unit containing parts that may be folded, collapsed, or telescoped when being towed and that may be expanded to provide additional cubic capacity.

(ii) A unit composed of 2 or more separately towable components designed to be joined into 1 integral unit capable of being separated again into the components for repeated towing.

(iii) The structure, plumbing, electrical, heating, and fire detection systems installed therein.  A mobile home includes the appliances situated therein, unless covered by warranty from the appliance manufacturer, equaling or exceeding the warranty provided herein.

(d) “Purchaser” means the first retail buyer or a transferee or buyer of the first retail buyer.

Cite this article: - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 125. Planning, Housing and Zoning § 125.992 - last updated February 09, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard