Skip to main content

Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 125. Planning, Housing and Zoning § 125.1562

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 2.  (1) The construction contract shall designate a person representing the contractor who will submit written requests for progress payments, and a person representing the public agency to whom requests for progress payments are to be submitted.  The written requests for progress payments shall be submitted to the designated person in a manner and at such times as provided in the construction contract.

(2) The processing of progress payments by the public agency may be deferred by the public agency until work having a prior sequence, as provided in the contract documents, is in place and is approved.

(3) Each progress payment requested, including reasonable interest if requested under subsection (4), shall be paid within 1 of the following time periods, whichever is later:

(a) Thirty days after the architect or professional engineer has certified to the public agency that work is in place in the portion of the facility covered by the applicable request for payment in accordance with the contract documents.

(b) Fifteen days after the public agency has received the funds with which to make the progress payment from a department or agency of the federal or state government, if any funds are to come from either of those sources.

(4) Upon failure of a public agency to make a timely progress payment pursuant to this section, the person designated to submit requests for progress payments may include reasonable interest on amounts past due in the next request for payment.

Cite this article: - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 125. Planning, Housing and Zoning § 125.1562 - last updated February 09, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard