Skip to main content

Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 123. Local Government § 123.336

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 6.  (1) If there are outstanding revenue bonds issued for the acquisition, construction, extension, or improvement of the system, the bonds may be retired either by the issue of joint refunding bonds on behalf of all the public corporations by concurrent ordinances of their respective legislative or governing bodies, or by the apportionment of the outstanding indebtedness among the several public corporations and assumption by each of its proportion of indebtedness, or the issue by each of revenue refunding bonds or other obligations for its proportion.  Unless otherwise provided by contract, the outstanding indebtedness, if the plan of refunding or assumption is adopted by either public corporation, and if there are noncallable bonds the owners of which do not consent to surrender for redemption, exchange, or indorsement, the plan may nevertheless be made effective if provision is made for the subordination of the refunding or assumed bonds to those not consenting and for a separate bond and interest redemption fund for the non-consenting bonds and the deposit of all money required by the ordinance under which the bonds were originally issued for the payment of the non-consenting bonds and reserves before any provision is made for the payment of the refunding or assumed bonds or reserves.

(2) Bonds issued under this section are subject to the revenue bond act of 1933, 1933 PA 94, MCL 141.101 to 141.140.

Cite this article: - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 123. Local Government § 123.336 - last updated February 09, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard