Skip to main content

Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 120. Port Districts § 120.102

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Sec. 2.  As used in this act:

(a) “Authority” means a port authority created under this act and may also include the area within the jurisdiction of an authority.

(b) “Constituent unit” means a city or county requesting the incorporation of an authority.

(c) “Governing body of the city” means the city council or city commission of a city requesting incorporation of an authority created under this act.

(d) “Governing body of the county” means the county board of commissioners of a county participating in an authority created under this act.

(e) “Port facilities” means those facilities owned by the port authority such as:  seawall jetties;  piers;  wharves;  docks;  boat landings;  marinas;  warehouses;  storehouses;  elevators;  grain bins;  cold storage plants;  terminal icing plants;  bunkers;  oil tanks;  ferries;  canals;  locks;  bridges;  tunnels;  seaways;  conveyors;  modern appliances for the economical handling, storage, and transportation of freight and handling of passenger traffic;  transfer and terminal facilities required for the efficient operation and development of ports and harbors;  other harbor improvements;  or improvements, enlargements, remodeling, or extensions of any of these buildings or structures.

(f) “Project” means the acquisition, purchase, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, remodeling, improvement, enlargement, repair, condemnation, maintenance, or operation of port facilities.

Cite this article: - Michigan Compiled Laws, Chapter 120. Port Districts § 120.102 - last updated February 09, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard