Maryland Code, Transportation § 7-710
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Administration shall provide ridership on transit vehicles to any eligible student of a public school of Baltimore City.
(b) The services provided under subsection (a) of this section shall be provided:
(1) Between the hours of 5 a.m. and 8 p.m.; and
(2) For school-related or educational extracurricular activities on and off campus only.
(c) The Administration may not collect fees or reimbursement for services provided under this section.
(d)(1) The Administration may adopt rules and regulations to carry out the provisions of this section.
(2) The Administration, in conjunction with Baltimore City Public Schools, shall adopt regulations that establish the eligibility criteria for students receiving a student smart card for the use of services provided under this section.
(e) On or before December 1, 2018, and on or before December 1 each year thereafter, the City of Baltimore and the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners shall submit a report to the Governor and, in accordance with § 2-1257 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly on:
(1) The financial condition of the Baltimore City public school system;
(2) The impact of the services provided under this section; and
(3) Whether there is a need to maintain:
(i) The services required under this section; and
(ii) The prohibition on the collection of fees and reimbursement by the Administration for services provided under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Transportation § 7-710 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/transportation/md-code-trans-sect-7-710/
Was this helpful?