Maryland Code, Transportation § 24-303
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a)(1) When located on the right-of-way of any State highway, a mobile seafood or produce vendor may not sell, or offer for sale, any seafood or produce, unless the vendor has a lease from the State that allows the vendor to sell, or offer for sale, seafood or produce.
(2) The State may require a mobile seafood or produce vendor to submit an application and pay a reasonable fee to be applied to administrative costs.
(3) The State may not enter into a lease with a mobile produce vendor unless the applicable county licenses mobile produce vendors.
(b) A mobile seafood or produce vendor may not sell, or offer for sale, any seafood or produce, when located:
(1) Within 50 yards of any vehicular entrance to or exit from a school or place of worship, unless the vendor has written permission of the applicable school board or person who is responsible for the buildings and grounds of the place of worship;
(2) Within 100 yards of any vehicular entrance to or exit from any shopping center;
(3) In the parking lot of any shopping center, unless the vendor has written permission of the owner of the shopping center and conforms to applicable local laws and ordinances;
(4) Within an unsafe distance, as determined by the local authorities, from the edge of any roadway;
(5) On any roadway; or
(6) On private property adjoining a State highway, unless the vendor owns or leases the property or has written permission from the property owner.
(c) The State Highway Administration may adopt regulations to implement this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Transportation § 24-303 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/transportation/md-code-trans-sect-24-303/
Was this helpful?