Maryland Code, Transportation § 24-113.3
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, the Secretary, by regulation, may determine that a vehicle or combination of vehicles transporting manifested international freight as the only load of the vehicle or combination of vehicles in a sealed, seagoing container on a semitrailer is transporting an indivisible load, provided that the vehicle or combination of vehicles is issued a permit under this section and:
(1) Is carrying not more than 100,000 pounds gross maximum vehicle weight;
(2) Has the minimum number of axles required by the permit;
(3) Does not exceed the maximum axle weight or axle spacing requirements, as established by regulation or specified on the permit;
(4) Is traveling only during the hours as established by regulation or specified on the permit;
(5) Adheres to a unique maximum speed limit specified on the permit; and
(6) Is traveling only on State or county highways that are:
(i) On the specific route established by regulation and specified on the permit between the Seagirt Marine Terminal and a destination authorized by the Secretary, with no deviation from the specific route; and
(ii) Specifically designated by the Secretary as being part of a “heavy weight port corridor”.
(b)(1) The Secretary shall adopt regulations, consistent with this section, for the issuance of permits for vehicles described under subsection (a) of this section.
(2) The regulations adopted under this subsection:
(i) May set permit fees; and
(ii) Shall establish axle and gross weight requirements, routes, and other necessary criteria.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Transportation § 24-113.3 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/transportation/md-code-trans-sect-24-113-3/
Was this helpful?