Maryland Code, Transportation § 15-503
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A person may not be licensed under this subtitle unless:
(1) The business to be conducted under the license is conducted from a building that is adequate and appropriate for the business;
(2) That business has a storage area large enough for at least 25 vehicles; and
(3) At the fixed location from which the business is conducted, as specified in the application, there is a substantial and legible sign:
(i) That advertises the type of business conducted at the location; and
(ii) That is placed in a way so as to be seen readily by the public.
(b) A person may not be licensed as a scrap processor unless the person maintains the following equipment suitable for processing vehicle scrap:
(1) A hydraulic baler and shears;
(2) A shredder; or
(3) Any other suitable equipment that the Administration requires by rule or regulation.
(c) A person licensed under this subtitle at a fixed location, as specified in the application, on or before December 31, 1985, and the person's successors or assigns, may not be refused permission to operate at the fixed location solely because any portion of the fixed location is within the 100-year floodplain of waters of the State as defined in § 8-101 of the Natural Resources Article.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Transportation § 15-503 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/transportation/md-code-trans-sect-15-503/
Was this helpful?