(a) In this section, “Program” means the Employment Works Program.
(b) There is an Employment Works Program in the Department of General Services.
(c) The Secretary of General Services shall designate Maryland Works, Inc., or another
appropriate coordinating entity, to facilitate the distribution of procurement contracts
for supplies and services among community service providers and individual with disability
(d) The coordinating entity designated under subsection (c) of this section shall:
(1) identify potential contracts for supplies and services eligible for procurement;
(2) establish procedures for the selection of community service providers to perform
under potentially eligible contracts for preference procurement;
(3) establish procedures for remediation of noncompliance with State or Program policies;
(4) provide training and technical assistance to participating community service providers;
(5) conduct cost analyses and market research for submission and review by the Pricing
and Selection Committee for the Program;
(6) provide staff support for the Pricing and Selection Committee for the Program;
(7) serve as a monitoring agent to ensure that high quality standards are met and
maintained by the Program and its participating community service providers.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.