Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Real Property § 8B-302

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) An affidavit of severance shall contain or be accompanied by:

(1) A statement identifying the owner of the real property from which the manufactured home is to be severed, including the name, residence, and mailing address of the owner;

(2) A description of the manufactured home, including the name of the manufacturer, the make, model name, model year, dimensions, manufacturer's serial number, and a statement whether the manufactured home is new or used;

(3) The liber and folio number for and the recordation date of the affidavit of affixation for the manufactured home;  and

(4) A statement by an attorney admitted to practice law in the State, or a title insurance producer licensed by the State, that states that the manufactured home and the real property from which the manufactured home is to be severed are free and clear of any lien, security interest, or encumbrance.

(b) An affidavit of severance shall be acknowledged in writing and notarized.

(c) The clerk of the circuit court of the county in which the real property from which a manufactured home is to be severed is located:

(1) Shall accept an affidavit of severance and any attachments for recordation and indexing;  and

(2) May charge a reasonable fee for the recordation.

(d) In accordance with regulations adopted by the Motor Vehicle Administration, the Administration shall:

(1) Accept a certified copy of a recorded affidavit of severance for filing;  and

(2) Issue a certificate of title for the severed manufactured home.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Real Property § 8B-302 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard