Maryland Code, Natural Resources § 8-1923
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) In developing its programs and seeking federal and State grants, the Trust and the Corps Board shall:
(1) Coordinate all efforts with the Maryland Conservation Corps established in Title 5, Subtitle 2 of this article to engage young adults in conservation service projects;
(2) Coordinate all efforts with the Civic Justice Corps, an adjunct program of the Maryland Conservation Corps, to engage youth in conservation service projects; and
(3) Seek assistance and advice from relevant public and private sources.
(b) In developing clean energy infrastructure and educational programs, the Trust and the Corps Board shall seek assistance from and cooperate with the Maryland Clean Energy Center under Title 10, Subtitle 8 of the Economic Development Article.
(c) In developing its volunteer programs, the Trust and the Corps Board shall seek assistance from and cooperate with:
(1) The Maryland Service Corps and the Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism under Title 9.5, Subtitle 2 of the State Government Article;
(2) The Department of Economic Competitiveness and Commerce and other appropriate units of State government and private sector entities to develop opportunities for student participation in private sector activities, such as internship and externship programs; and
(3) The University System of Maryland and other institutions of higher education in the State to develop opportunities for course credit arrangements through which students may earn course credits for participation in Corps programs as an alternative to or in addition to payment of a stipend in a stipend volunteer or other volunteer Corps program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Natural Resources § 8-1923 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/natural-resources/md-code-nat-res-sect-8-1923/
Was this helpful?