Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Local Government § 26-507

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) At the earliest feasible date, the board of viewers shall submit three copies of a written report to the county commissioners or county council and to the State Soil Conservation Committee in the Department of Agriculture.

(b) The report shall state:

(1) whether the proposed drainage project:

(i) is feasible;

(ii) will benefit the public or promote the public health, safety, or welfare;  and

(iii) will benefit the land to be affected by the drainage project sufficiently to warrant the probable expenditure;

(2) the name of each person entitled to damages and the amount of the damages;

(3) the name of each person entitled to compensation for a drainage project adopted under § 26-505 of this subtitle and the amount of the compensation;

(4) the amount determined under § 26-504(a)(1) of this subtitle;  and

(5) the amount for which each landowner shall be assessed as a share of the total cost of the drainage project and its proportion of the whole.

(c) The board of viewers shall file with the report three copies of maps and profiles that show:

(1) the location of the proposed drainage project on a map, drawing, or aerial photograph to a suitable scale;

(2) a general delineation of the boundary of the area affected, with the general location in the county indicated;

(3) a general delineation of the boundaries of each landowner's tract, with an estimate of the acreage that each tract contains;  and

(4) the dimensions and profiles of the proposed drainage project.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Local Government § 26-507 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard