Maryland Code, Local Government § 25-902
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Notwithstanding § 25-901 of this subtitle, on a written petition for dissolution by any member of the most recently elected or appointed board of directors of a watershed association in Washington County considered inactive as provided in subsection (b) of this section, the County Commissioners of Washington County promptly shall:
(1) consider all available information to determine the current operating status and foreseeable operating potential of the watershed association; and
(2) approve or deny the petition for dissolution.
(b) For the purpose of this section, a watershed association in Washington County is considered inactive if for at least 5 years the watershed association has not complied substantially with a majority of the ordinary operating procedures required under this title, including:
(1) the maintenance of ongoing and current information in the watershed file at the office of the clerk of the county;
(2) election of a board of directors and officers of the board;
(3) an annual meeting of landowners in the area affected by the watershed association;
(4) the submission of an annual report by the board of directors to the clerk of the county;
(5) the development, approval, filing, execution, or maintenance of a work plan applicable to property owned by the watershed association; and
(6) the submission and regular updating of the watershed association's easement record in the office of the clerk of the circuit court in the applicable county.
(c)(1) This subsection applies only after the County Commissioners of Washington County approve a petition for dissolution under this section.
(2) If any balance remains in the county treasury to the credit of the dissolved watershed association, the county commissioners shall:
(i) satisfy all outstanding debts of the watershed association; and
(ii) retain any remaining balance.
(3) The county commissioners shall provide for the transfer of any interest in real property held by the watershed association to the county in which the property is located.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Local Government § 25-902 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/local-government/md-code-local-govt-sect-25-902/
Was this helpful?