Maryland Code, Local Government § 16-109
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) This section applies only to commission counties.
(b) The county commissioners of a county shall:
(1) impose taxes on property within the county subject to taxation; and
(2) provide for the collection of the taxes.
(c) The imposition of taxes required under this section may be made by the county commissioners of a county wholly or partly by estimate.
(d) The county commissioners of a county shall use property tax revenue to:
(1) support the courts;
(2) compensate jurors and county or State witnesses;
(3) pay outpensions established by the county commissioners or by the trustees of the poor;
(4) pay the funeral expenses of the poor; and
(5) pay and discharge all claims on or against the county that have been expressly or impliedly authorized by law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Local Government § 16-109 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/local-government/md-code-local-govt-sect-16-109/
Was this helpful?