Maryland Code, Local Government § 1-1204
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a)(1) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a county health officer or a designee of a county health officer may issue a civil citation to a person who violates this subtitle.
(2) In Cecil County, only a sworn law enforcement officer may issue a civil citation to a person who violates this subtitle.
(b) A citation issued under this subtitle shall include:
(1) the name and address of the person charged;
(2) the nature of the violation;
(3) the location and time of the violation;
(4) the amount of the civil penalty;
(5) the manner, location, and time in which the civil penalty may be paid;
(6) the cited person's right to elect to stand trial for the violation; and
(7) a warning that failure to pay the civil penalty or to contest liability in a timely manner in accordance with the citation:
(i) is an admission of liability; and
(ii) may result in an entry of a default judgment that may include the civil penalty, court costs, and administrative expenses.
(c) The county health officer or sworn law enforcement officer shall retain a copy of the citation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Local Government § 1-1204 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/local-government/md-code-local-govt-sect-1-1204/
Was this helpful?