Maryland Code, Land Use § 22-108
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The purposes of this section are to:
(1) protect the historical, archaeological, architectural, or cultural heritage areas in Montgomery County and Prince George's County that comprise the regional district; and
(2) preserve and enhance the quality of life in the community.
(b) In addition to the power to regulate planning, zoning, or subdivision, a district council may adopt local laws to protect, preserve, and enhance, as designated on the adopted and approved general plan:
(2) structures and their appurtenances and environmental settings; and
(3) districts of historical, archaeological, architectural, or cultural value.
(c)(1) The enactment and application of a local law under this section shall be:
(i) reasonable and appropriate to the purpose of this subtitle; and
(ii) limited to the protection, preservation, and enhancement of the exterior of the site, structure, or district.
(2) If the enactment or application of a local law by the district council effects a taking of private property, the district council shall make provision for just compensation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Land Use § 22-108 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/land-use/md-code-land-use-sect-22-108/
Was this helpful?