Maryland Code, Insurance § 25-407
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Association may inspect the property of an applicant for essential property insurance or homeowner's insurance coverage.
(b)(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, the Association shall inspect the property without cost to the owner.
(2) If the Association is unable to complete an inspection of the property due to the fault of the owner or applicant, the Association may require the applicant to pay in advance the reasonable cost of subsequent efforts to inspect the property.
(c)(1) The applicant or representative of the applicant shall be afforded the opportunity to be present during the inspection.
(2) The inspector does not have authority to advise whether the Association will provide coverage to the property being inspected.
(3) The inspector may take photographs of the property during the inspection.
(d) The inspection report shall:
(1) cover pertinent structural and occupancy features and the general condition of the building and surrounding structures;
(2) indicate the pertinent features of building, construction, maintenance, occupancy, and surrounding property; and
(3) include a rate makeup statement that covers any condition charges or surcharges imposed:
(i) as a result of the inspection;
(ii) under the program of operation; or
(iii) under a substandard rating plan approved by the Commissioner.
(e) On request, the Association shall make available a copy of the inspection report to the applicant or the applicant's licensed insurance producer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Insurance § 25-407 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/insurance/md-code-insurance-sect-25-407/
Was this helpful?