Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Human Services § 8-505

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) A local management board shall apply for money from the Fund in accordance with procedures established by the Children's Cabinet.

(b) In connection with an application for money under subsection (a) of this section, a local management board shall develop and submit a community partnership agreement that:

(1) reflects coordination with:

(i) the State's 3-year plan for children, youth, and families;  and

(ii) any local government plan for services for children, youth, and families, including the local substance abuse plan developed in accordance with Title 8, Subtitle 10 of the Health--General Article;  and

(2) addresses the priorities and strategies of the county for meeting the identified needs of children and families as articulated in the local management board's 5-year strategic plan regarding:

(i) youth development;

(ii) prevention services;

(iii) crisis and early intervention;

(iv) services for children at risk of out-of-home placement or returning from out-of-home placement;  and

(v) out-of-home placement and treatment.

(c) The Children's Cabinet may disburse money to a local management board subject to the terms, conditions, performance measures, or outcome evaluations that the Children's Cabinet considers necessary.

(d) The local management board shall use the money to implement:

(1) a local interagency services delivery system for children, youth, and families in accordance with the community partnership agreement;  and

(2) any terms, conditions, and performance measures that the Children's Cabinet requires.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Human Services § 8-505 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard