Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Housing and Community Development § 4-1708

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The Department may award a technical assistance grant to a political subdivision or nonprofit organization to help families of limited income that are owner-builders or self-help rehabilitators.

(b) A technical assistance grant under this section shall be used to:

(1) help, train, and supervise owner-builders and self-help rehabilitators in self-help construction activities and techniques;

(2) help in project development, including:

(i) preparing plans for self-help housing;

(ii) preparing contracts for professional services;

(iii) applying for financing;

(iv) packaging applications for assistance;

(v) preparing subdivision maps;

(vi) reviewing engineering plans and specifications for construction and rehabilitation projects;  and

(vii) complying with the requirements of political subdivisions and funding entities;  and

(3) pay the administrative costs of providing technical assistance for the activity that the Department finances.

(c) A technical assistance grant may not be:

(1) used to purchase land, materials, tools, or construction equipment or to pay for construction costs;  or

(2) awarded for a project of fewer than six dwellings.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Housing and Community Development § 4-1708 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard