Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Committee consists of seven members appointed by the Board as follows:
(1)(i) On or before September 30, 2009, three registered polysomnographic technologists; or
(ii) On or after October 1, 2009, three licensed polysomnographic technologists;
(2) Three physicians who are board certified in sleep medicine:
(i) One of whom is a specialist in psychiatry or internal medicine;
(ii) One of whom is a specialist in pulmonary medicine; and
(iii) One of whom is a specialist in neurology; and
(3) One consumer member.
(b) The consumer member of the Committee:
(1) Shall be a member of the general public;
(2) May not be or ever have been:
(i) A polysomnographic technologist;
(ii) Any health care professional; or
(iii) In training to be a polysomnographic technologist or other health care professional;
(3) May not have a household member who is a health care professional or is in training to be a health care professional; and
(4) May not:
(i) Participate or ever have participated in a commercial or professional field related to polysomnography;
(ii) Have a household member who participates in a commercial or professional field related to polysomnography;
(iii) Have had within 2 years before appointment a financial interest in a person regulated by the Board; or
(iv) Have had within 2 years before appointment a financial interest in the provision of goods or services to polysomnographic technologists or to the field of polysomnography.
(c)(1) The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Committee on October 1, 2006.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(d)(1) From among its members, the Committee shall elect a chair once every 2 years.
(2) The chair, or the chair's designee, shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Board as a representative of the Committee.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Health Occupations § 14-5C-06 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/health-occupations/md-code-health-occup-sect-14-5c-06/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?