(a) There is a Child Abuse Medical Providers (Maryland CHAMP) Initiative in the Department.
(b) The purposes of the Initiative are:
(1) To improve the protection of children in the State;
(2) To recruit local physicians to gain clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment
of child abuse and neglect;
(3) To develop and guide the practice of local or regional multidisciplinary teams
to improve the medical assessment and treatment of children who are the subject of
a child abuse or neglect investigation or a child in need of assistance;
(4) To facilitate the appropriate prosecution of criminal child abuse and neglect;
(5) To provide expert consultation and training to local or regional multidisciplinary
teams in the diagnosis and treatment of physical child abuse and neglect and sexual
abuse through teleconferencing and on-site services.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.