Skip to main content

Maryland Code, General Provisions § 5-801

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.

(b) “Lobbying” means performing acts, of a nature comparable to acts requiring registration under Subtitle 7 of this title, before the local government involved.

(c)(1) In Baltimore City, “local official” includes:

(i) city employees and officials of the Baltimore City Health Department;

(ii) the Police Commissioner of Baltimore City and the civilian employees and police officers of the Police Department of Baltimore City;  and

(iii) members and employees of the Civilian Review Board.

(2) In Baltimore County, “local official” includes:

(i) board members and the chief executive of the Baltimore County Revenue Authority;  and

(ii) for the purpose of the financial disclosure provisions enacted by the governing body of Baltimore County, except for a member of the Baltimore County Board of Education, members of a board of a State agency that is wholly or partly funded by Baltimore County, regardless of whether a member is compensated.

(3) In Montgomery County, “local official” includes:

(i) members and employees of the Montgomery County Revenue Authority;

(ii) commissioners and employees of the Montgomery County Housing Opportunities Commission;  and

(iii) county employees of the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services.

(4) In St. Mary's County, “local official” includes commissioners and employees of the St. Mary's County Metropolitan Commission.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, General Provisions § 5-801 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard