Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In this section, “official electronic legislative newsletter” means a document that:
(1) is electronically distributed; and
(2) is used by an incumbent, with supervision by or coordination with the General Assembly, to disseminate information about one or more issues of public interest chosen by the incumbent.
(b) An official electronic legislative newsletter may include a link to a social media account of the incumbent only if the social media account:
(1) is used to communicate legislative and constituent information;
(2) is not primarily used for electoral purposes, as defined in COMAR 33.13.01.01 ;
(3) is not used for the personal economic gain of the incumbent; and
(4) except for a usual and customary constituent service, is not used for the economic gain of another person.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, General Provisions § 5-514.1 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/general-provisions/md-code-gen-provis-sect-5-514-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.