(a) The Department shall require as conditions of operation of a controlled hazardous
substance facility to be used for the treatment by incineration of a chemical warfare
(1) Treatment by incineration be monitored on a continuous basis;
(2) Monitoring data be regularly reviewed by a qualified independent third party selected
by the Department; and
(3) Monitoring data and reviews be reported to the Department in the manner and frequency
determined appropriate by the Department.
(b) Any permit issued under this section shall be for a quantity that is specifically
(1) May be renewed for good cause as to the length of time for completion of the incineration
authorized under the permit; but
(2) May not be modified as to the amount of controlled hazardous substance to be destroyed.
(c) After destruction of the specific quantity of the controlled hazardous substance
allowed by the terms of the permit issued under this section, the incinerator shall
be disassembled and disposed of in accordance with all applicable federal and State
performance standards and in a time period established by the permit.
(d) In addition to the facility permit fee required under § 7-237 of this subtitle, the applicant shall pay the compensation of an independent third
party with whom the Department may contract for the review of application materials
and monitoring data.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.