Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This subtitle does not supersede:
(1) Any right or power of the Maryland Department of Health or any local health officer;
(2) Any right or power of a county department of education;
(3) Any building code or zoning provision;
(4) Any right or power of the Administration within the Department of Human Services or any local department; or
(5) Any right or power of the Department of Human Services to regulate residential child care facilities.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, if a child care center for school age children is operated before and after school hours in a building which is in use as a public or private school, the school age child care center:
(1) Shall meet local fire, health, and zoning codes required of school buildings; and
(2) May not be required to meet any additional regulations relative to the physical plant beyond those imposed by the county or the local board of education with respect to that building.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Education § 9.5-403 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/education/md-code-educ-sect-9-5-403/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.