(b) To carry out the purposes of the Program, UMBC, in collaboration with the Department
of Commerce, shall:
(1) Utilize an Internet site through which:
(i) Students may learn about technology-based businesses, technology-based positions
in units of State and local governments, and internship opportunities;
(ii) Technology-based businesses may register, post information about internship opportunities,
and apply for reimbursement of internship stipends as provided under this subtitle;
(iii) Units of State and local governments may register, post information about technology-based
internship opportunities, and apply for reimbursement of internship stipends as provided
under this subtitle;
(2) Develop application and registration requirements;
(3) Develop orientation and training programs for participants in the Program;
(4) Review applications and award reimbursements of internship stipends under this
(5) Provide opportunities for students to meet entrepreneurs, visit technology-related
industry incubators, and learn about starting a business in the State;
(6) Provide recruitment and training opportunities and support for participating businesses
and units of State and local government; and
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.