Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
To qualify for a grant under the Program, an institution of higher education shall develop a program of inclusive higher education that:
(1) Offers the necessary supports to students with intellectual and developmental disabilities to allow these students, to the greatest extent possible, to have the same rights, privileges, experiences, benefits, and outcomes as their peer students without disabilities;
(2) Ensures that students with intellectual and developmental disabilities:
(i) Have access to a wide array of academic courses that are attended by students without disabilities;
(ii) Have access and support for participation in campus life, including social activities and organizations, institution facilities, and technology; and
(iii) Are able to access and use campus resources available to students without disabilities;
(3) Provides students with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports and experiences necessary to seek and sustain competitive employment;
(4) Develops and promotes the self-determination skills of students with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
(5) Offers peer mentoring;
(6) Coordinates with the State Department of Education, including the Division of Rehabilitation Services and other stakeholders in the development of the inclusive higher education program;
(7) Adopts admissions standards that do not require a student with intellectual and developmental disabilities to participate in a curriculum-based, achievement college entrance exam that is administered nationwide;
(8) Includes the development of a meaningful credential for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities to earn on successful completion of the inclusive higher education program; and
(9) Meets the requirements of a Comprehensive Transition Program under the federal Higher Education Opportunity Act so that students enrolled in the inclusive higher education program are eligible for federal financial aid.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Education § 11-1304 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/education/md-code-educ-sect-11-1304/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.