Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Authority consists of the following nine members:
(1) seven members appointed by the Governor;
(2) the Secretary or the Secretary's designee; and
(3)(i) the Comptroller or the Treasurer as designated by the Governor; or
(ii) the designee of the Governor's designee.
(b)(1) The term of an appointed member is 5 years.
(2) The terms of appointed members are staggered as required for appointments to the Authority on October 1, 2008.
(3) At the end of a term, an appointed member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(c) The Governor may remove an appointed member for cause.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 5-506 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-5-506/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.