Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A project qualifies as a solar energy project if it:
(1) is an addition, alteration, or improvement to a commercial building or industrial building; and
(2) is designed to reduce the energy requirements of the building by using:
(i) wind energy;
(ii) energy from a wood-burning appliance; or
(iii) solar energy of:
1. the active type based on mechanically forced energy transfer;
2. the passive type based on convective, conductive, or radiant energy transfer; or
3. a combination of these types.
(b) A solar energy project may include:
(1) a solar process heat device;
(2) a solar electric device; and
(3) an earth-sheltered building in which the sheltering substantially reduces the consumption of energy by the building.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 5-448 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-5-448/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.