Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Commission shall contract with an independent scientific peer review committee composed of scientifically recognized experts in the field of stem cell research.
(b) The committee shall:
(1) review, evaluate, rank, and rate research proposals for State-funded stem cell research:
(i) based on the procedures and guidelines established by the Commission; and
(ii) in a manner that gives due consideration to the scientific, medical, and ethical implications of the research; and
(2) make recommendations to the Commission, based on the rankings and ratings awarded to research proposals by the committee, for the award and disbursement of grants and loans under the Fund.
(c) A member of the committee:
(1) is not eligible to receive a grant or loan for State-funded stem cell research from the Fund;
(2) may not reside in the State; and
(3) shall be subject to conflict of interest standards that are at least as stringent as the standards on conflict of interest adopted by the National Institutes of Health.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 10-436 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-10-436/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.