Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Authority may:
(1) adopt bylaws for the conduct of its business;
(2) sue and be sued;
(3) adopt a seal;
(4) maintain an office at a place it designates;
(5) issue bonds in accordance with this subtitle;
(6) accept a grant, loan, or other assistance in any form from any public or private source, subject to the provisions of this subtitle;
(7) charge to and equitably allocate among participating institutions the administrative costs and expenses of carrying out this subtitle; and
(8) do all things necessary or convenient to carry out the powers expressly granted by this subtitle.
(b)(1) A health care institution may not use any money received from a bond issued by the Authority to match any State loan or grant that is available for improvement of a health care institution.
(2) The Authority shall comply with the terms and conditions of assistance received in accordance with subsection (a)(6) of this section.
(c) The Authority may delegate to a member or officer a power granted to the Authority by this subtitle, including the power to execute a bond, certificate, deed, lease, mortgage, agreement, or other document or instrument.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 10-314 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-10-314/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.