Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This section applies only in Kent County.
(b)(1) The State's Attorney's salary is 80% of the salary of a judge of the District Court of Maryland.
(2)(i) The county commissioners shall set the State's Attorney's allowance for office expenses.
(ii) The State's Attorney shall submit expense vouchers to the county commissioners for approval and payment.
(3)(i) The State's Attorney has a special fund allowance of $4,000 for the costs of investigations.
(ii) At the end of each fiscal year:
1. the State's Attorney shall account to the county commissioners for expenditures from the fund; and
2. any balance remaining in the fund shall revert to the general fund of the county.
(c)(1) The State's Attorney may employ one or more deputy State's Attorneys and assistant State's Attorneys who shall:
(i) serve at the pleasure of the State's Attorney; and
(ii) be members in good standing of the local bar.
(2) The county commissioners shall set the salaries of the deputy and assistant State's Attorneys.
(d)(1) The State's Attorney may employ a criminal investigator who serves at the pleasure of the State's Attorney.
(2) The State's Attorney may employ an administrative coordinator and other administrative and clerical staff that the State's Attorney considers necessary for the conduct of the office.
(3) The county commissioners shall set the salaries of the criminal investigator, administrative coordinator, and administrative and clerical staff.
(e)(1) The State's Attorney shall serve full time and may not engage in the private practice of law.
(2) Subject to the approval of the county commissioners, a deputy or assistant State's Attorney may engage in the private practice of law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Criminal Procedure § 15-415 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/criminal-procedure/md-code-crim-proc-sect-15-415/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.