(a) In exercising the authority to seize motor vehicles under this title, a seizing
authority shall apply the standards listed in subsection (b) of this section.
(b) A motor vehicle used in violation of the Controlled Dangerous Substances law or
this title shall be seized and forfeiture shall be recommended to the forfeiting authority
(1) any quantity of a controlled dangerous substance is sold or attempted to be sold
in violation of the Controlled Dangerous Substances law or this title;
(2) an amount of the controlled dangerous substance or paraphernalia is found that
reasonably shows that the violator intended to sell the controlled dangerous substance
in violation of the Controlled Dangerous Substances law; or
(3) the total circumstances of the case as listed in subsection (c) of this section
dictate that seizure and forfeiture are justified.
(c) Circumstances to be considered in deciding whether seizure and forfeiture are
(1) the possession of controlled dangerous substances;
(2) an extensive criminal record of the violator;
(3) a previous conviction of the violator for a controlled dangerous substances crime;
(4) evidence that the motor vehicle was acquired by use of proceeds from a transaction
involving a controlled dangerous substance;
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.