(a) A person may not knowingly:
(1) manufacture, transport, possess, control, store, sell, distribute, or use a destructive device; or
(2) possess explosive material, incendiary material, or toxic material with intent to create a destructive device.
(b)(1) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 25 years or a fine not exceeding $250,000 or both.
(2) A sentence imposed under this subsection may be separate from and consecutive to or concurrent with a sentence for a crime based on the act or acts establishing the violation of this section.
(3) In addition to any other penalty authorized by law, if the person convicted or found to have committed a delinquent act under this section is a minor, the court may order the Motor Vehicle Administration to initiate an action, under the motor vehicle laws, to suspend the driving privilege of the minor for a specified period not to exceed:
(i) for a first violation, 6 months; and
(ii) for each subsequent violation, 1 year or until the person is 21 years old, whichever is longer.
(c)(1) In addition to any penalty provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person convicted or found to have committed a delinquent act under this section may be ordered by the court to pay restitution to:
(i) the State, county, municipal corporation, bicounty agency, multicounty agency, county board of education, public authority, or special taxing district for actual costs reasonably incurred due to a violation of this section, including the search for, removal of, and damages caused by a destructive device; and
(ii) the owner or tenant of a property for the actual value of any goods, services, or income lost as a result of the evacuation of the property or damage sustained due to a violation of this section.
(2)(i) If a person convicted or found to have committed a delinquent act under this section is a minor, the court may order the minor, the minor's parent, or both to pay the restitution described in paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(ii) Except as otherwise provided in this section, the provisions of Title 11, Subtitle 6 of the Criminal Procedure Article apply to an order of restitution under this paragraph.
(3) This subsection does not limit the right of a person to restitution under Title 11, Subtitle 6 of the Criminal Procedure Article.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.