(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Candidate” has the meaning stated in § 1-101 of the Election Law Article .
(c)(1) “Credit” means payment by a credit card or promissory note.
(2) “Credit” includes selling or pledging personal property in exchange for cash or tokens.
(d)(1) “Gaming device” means:
(i) a gaming table, except a billiard table, at which a game of chance is played for money or any other thing or consideration of value; or
(ii) a game or device at which money or any other thing or consideration of value is bet, wagered, or gambled.
(2) “Gaming device” includes a paddle wheel, wheel of fortune, chance book, and bingo.
(e) “Gaming event” means:
(1) a bingo game;
(2) a carnival;
(3) a bazaar;
(4) a raffle;
(5) a benefit performance; or
(6) any other event at which a gaming device is operated.
(f) “Organization” includes:
(1) a fraternal, religious, civic, patriotic, educational, or charitable organization;
(2) a volunteer fire company, rescue squad, or auxiliary unit;
(3) a veterans' organization or club;
(4) a bona fide nonprofit organization that is raising money for an exclusively charitable, athletic, or educational purpose; or
(5) any organization that is authorized to conduct a gaming event under Subtitle 1 or 2 of this title or Title 13 of this article.
(g) “Political committee” has the meaning stated in § 1-101 of the Election Law Article .
(h) “Token” means a poker chip, bingo chip, or other device commonly used instead of money in the playing of a gaming device.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.