Maryland Code, Corporations and Associations § 5-6B-24
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Notwithstanding language contained in the governing documents of a cooperative housing corporation, the cooperative housing corporation may provide notice of a meeting or deliver information to a member by electronic transmission if:
(1) The board of directors of the cooperative housing corporation gives the cooperative housing corporation the authority to provide notice of a meeting or deliver information by electronic transmission;
(2) The member gives the cooperative housing corporation prior written authorization to provide notice of a meeting or deliver information by electronic transmission; and
(3) An officer or agent of the cooperative housing corporation certifies in writing that the cooperative housing corporation has provided notice of a meeting or delivered information to the member.
(b) Notice or delivery by electronic transmission shall be considered ineffective if:
(1) The cooperative housing corporation is unable to deliver two consecutive notices; and
(2) The inability to deliver the electronic transmission becomes known to the person responsible for the sending of the electronic transmission.
(c) The inadvertent failure to deliver notice by electronic transmission does not invalidate any meeting or other action.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Corporations and Associations § 5-6B-24 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/corporations-and-associations/md-code-corp-and-assns-sect-5-6b-24/
Was this helpful?