Maryland Code, Corporations and Associations § 4A-601
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A person becomes a member of a limited liability company at:
(1) The time the limited liability company is formed;
(2) A later time specified in the operating agreement; or
(3) The time specified in § 4A-902(b) of this title relating to continuation of the limited liability company after there are no remaining members.
(b) After the formation of a limited liability company, a person may be admitted as a member:
(1) In the case of a person acquiring a membership interest directly from the limited liability company, upon compliance with the operating agreement or, if the operating agreement does not so provide, upon the unanimous consent of the members;
(2) In the case of an assignee of the economic interest of a member, only as provided in § 4A-604 of this subtitle; or
(3) In the case of a successor to the last remaining member who is not an assignee of the last remaining member, as provided in § 4A-902(b) of this title.
(c) Unless otherwise agreed, a person may be admitted as a member of a limited liability company and may be the sole member of a limited liability company without:
(1) Making a capital contribution to the limited liability company;
(2) Being obligated to make a capital contribution to the limited liability company; or
(3) Acquiring an economic interest in the limited liability company.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Corporations and Associations § 4A-601 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/corporations-and-associations/md-code-corp-and-assns-sect-4a-601/
Was this helpful?